1. A “perfect nose” is a myth. If you are obsessed with your nose to the point that you crave perfection, chances are even after a rhinoplasty you will still be able to find tiny, tiny flaws after a nose job. Your goal should be “improvement”, not perfection – and you should keep in mind that the only person inspecting your nose with a magnifying glass from half an inch away is you.
2. Expect to look like a mummy for several days post-op. You are going to have a splint over the bridge of your nose, packing stuffed in each nostril, and an abosrbent pad to catch drainage taped under your nose. NOT sexy. Even after the bandages come off, the swelling can last for days after, giving your entire face a swollen look – in extreme cases, you’ll even have what appear to be black eyes.
3. No glasses or sunglasses for a month. There can be no pressure across the nose or on the face, so you’ll be forced to wear contacts or go without visual correction for 30 days so your nasal bridge can heal correctly.
4. It’s going to either hurt or you are going to have to stay zonked on meds. Even on the best of pain medications – which doctors are becoming stingier with by the year – you’ll be tired, disoriented, and possibly queasy. If you cut down on the pain meds, expect pain and itching.
5. Your breathing and voice may be altered. For some patients, breathing can be significantly worse after a rhinoplasty. For others, their voice acquires a nasal twang that can last for months after the procedure.
If any of these five reasons not to get a nose job are convincing,. you may be feeling a little down. How can you fix your nose without undergoing surgery?
Nose Secret was developed for people just like you who are unsure about taking drastic steps but still want to change your nose shape. Plastic surgery can sculpt your nose and make it look better, true – but all surgeons have to work within the framework of your face. That means that you may get a nose like Taylor Swifts, but you still won’t look like Taylor Swift!
Nose Secret takes your own features and changes the way they look – making you feel better about yourself in a natural, safe, non-surgical way. Check out what Nose Secret users have to say about their own experiences!